Chomp is a leader in converting food waste into renewable energy through anaerobic digestion (AD). We manufacture and sell community-scale, prefabricated systems that convert food waste, liquids, and other organic materials into renewable energy and fertilizer with zero waste.
Your Role at Chomp
Chomp is looking for an experienced plant manager to oversee our network of Anaerobic Digesters and build the foundation for a world class service team. This role is based in the greater Seattle area and will have consistent, hands-on collaboration with our Research and Development, and Manufacturing teams. Regular travel to/from our biofarm on Vashon Island is a required component of this position, in addition to other domestic travel as needed.
- Manage production and operations at Chomp facilities; develop and execute long-term operational goals
- Implement reliable and efficient operating strategies in collaboration with the Executive Team
- Conduct and catalog routine daily process and production monitoring, testing and analysis
- Manage the maintenance of facility property, including all real estate, structures, equipment and ancillary infrastructure
- Evaluate plant equipment and processes; recommend design modifications to increase efficiency and environmental sustainability, and reduce malfunctions and overhead costs
- Interface with partnering farms, companies and institutions to facilitate day-to-day business, production and governmental oversight as necessary
- Background in Engineering or Science preferred
- Experience working with Biological systems or digesters preferred
- 3+ years leading a service team
- 5+ years of meaningful experience with tools used for metal working, plumbing, wiring, equipment repair and maintenance, and low and high voltage systems
- Project management experience to keep track across multiple projects including time efficiency studies
- Mechanical creativity to solve problems
- Comfortable with real-time decision making and adapting existing skills to new challenges
- Familiarity with digital data collection, analysis and application within facility/system operations, and regulatory compliance
Chomp provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is an adjustment to our standard application and/or interview process which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Chomp. Please inform our Talent team if you are requesting an accommodation to complete any forms or otherwise participating in the application process.