Chomp is a globally recognized leader in converting food waste into renewable energy through anaerobic digestion (AD). We manufacture and service urban hyperlocal food waste recycling systems by using biotechnology and biomimicry to convert inedible food into carbon-negative biomethane and chemical-free organic fertilizer. This is a zero waste system.
40% of the food supply chain is wasted and never gets eaten. This is our focus. We are building resilient, local, circular economies around food, soil carbon, energy, recycling, social equity, and carbon-negative mobility.
Your role at Chomp
You will support our engineers in manufacturing processes to meet growing demand and business expansion. Specific training on our technology is provided with this position.
This role will work out of our manufacturing facility in Auburn, Washington.
- Lead in the manufacture of our micro-anaerobic digester systems, which entails following technical drawings and performing light metal work, tank and equipment installations, plumbing, painting, insulation, material handling, and QA/QC procedures.
- Act as shopkeep. Improve efficiencies in the shop and procedures by suggesting improvements, obtaining approval, and then executing the change.
- Be willing to learn how to operate and maintain the anaerobic digester machines.
- Self-starter; comfortable asking questions
- Works safely
- Capable of lifting 50+ lbs
- Proficient at various types of plumbing, such as PVC, PEX, ABS, metal threaded pipe
- Painting experience
- Metalworking experience preferred
- Experience and comfort with driving pickup trucks
- Forklift experience preferred
Chomp provides equal employment opportunities to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including sexual orientation or gender identity), national origin, age, disability, genetic information or other protected status. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is an adjustment to our standard application and/or interview process which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Chomp. Please inform email@example.com if you are requesting an accommodation to complete any forms or otherwise participating in the application process.